Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Hey Spring, Thanks for Visiting

 
Ahhhh, spring.... Did we get spoiled? Yes. Is it going to continue? No.

I don't even know if we broke a high-temperature record today because all the weather authorities are talking about is this alleged storm of the century... or year... or season. Now the latest, latest, latest is that we'll get about 8 inches of snow in Wisconsin Rapids between Friday and Saturday.

Meanwhile, before that even starts, we are dealing with the impact of the fake arrival of spring.

The Yellow River over by Pittsville (to the west of us) is causing crazy flooding. In Rapids, the Wisconsin River is high and the river banks are disappearing. I took a field trip to the walking path at lunch and you can see the water has risen up to it and on to it. Not sure what 8 inches of precipitation is going to do. Don't think it will be good.

I feel bad for the ducks (and birds and caterpillars). They are way confused. And, like the rest of us, in for a rude awakening when the pseudo-spring departs tomorrow.

We knew it wouldn't last but I sure enjoyed the work walk breaks outside, the medium-sized runs outside, opening the windows the let the fresh outside air in, and just, well, everything! It was good while it lasted.

Obviously, my main concern with this alleged storm is how it is going to impact Camp Crop-A-Lot. All I need to do is get from Rapids to Rosholt (just east of Stevens Point) by noon on Friday, then it can snow us in. They – as in the authorities – haven't quite pinpointed when it will start, though.

Right now, I have a lot to get packed. So I probably should get off the computer and get my scrap together so I am ready to race the storm Friday.

Thanks for visiting us, Spring!

No comments: