Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Goldilocks CSI (Cat Scene Investigation)

Sometimes the cat forgets I am second choice in the house and acts like she enjoys spending time with me. And even missing me.

I have evidence.

Since Christmas season and the arrival of our matching recliners, Sylvester has had no shame claiming ownership of Jim's chair. And, of course, her favorite human enables her. She sits on the arm of the chair, the back of the chair, Jim's lap (that's a new thing) and the foot rest when it is in reclined position. If Jim wants to get out of the chair, he leaves the foot rest elevated so the princess can continue her nap, uninterrupted.

Last week, I sensed a shift in the wind.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, view Exhibit A....

Somebody's been sitting in MY chair!

And now, the closing argument... Exhibit B....

Somebody's been sitting in MY chair. And she's still there!

Thanks to the Nanny Cam (aka Jimmy Cam), she was caught red-handed, er white-pawed. I surmise she actually likes me and missed me this past weekend and wanted to feel close to me.

Or thought, "Hey, free chair! No one's used it all week!"

Either way, I hope the loving feeling continues. Hubby is gone until next Monday for work and play. You know how Princess Poops-A-Lot acts when he's gone! I suspect she'll sit in HIS chair, not mine. And hopefully won't do anything nasty in either one. She's already been leaving little gifts (aka poop piles) around the house so she is starting to get stressed about the separation. I fully expect that will continue, unfortunately.

Will she be willing to spend any time with me? I think so. View Exhibit C...

Somebody's been blogging at my computer. And she's still there!

She likes that I can pet her with my left hand while typing with my right. And she likes her "sun lamp." I think the evidence points to me being used to suit HER needs. She is a cat after all.

Case closed.


No comments: