Sunday, February 19, 2017

Son-Day Drive

With record-high temperatures in Rapids and other areas of Wisconsin, it was a perfect day for a Sunday drive.

Make that SON-day drive.

As luck would have it, a friend of mine had to drive her daughter down to UW-Platteville today for a music competition. A month ago she asked, "Would you like to ride along?" Heck yes!!

So we left at 9:30 a.m. and were home at 7:30 p.m. In between there, we had perfectly son-ny skies and I got to have lunch and a walk and a visit with my son!



Since we arrived 12:30 and Carter had a frat meeting at 2 p.m., we really had to focus on quality time, not quantity. So I said hello to a few of his friends and he took me to lunch on campus. Technically, since I am the one who put money in his Dining Dollars account, I sort of took myself out to lunch. Ha. But the company was much better when he was buying!

Got to catch up, plan our spring break vacation a bit and enjoy the son-shine. Most importantly, he had some clothes for me to take home and, in exchange, I had his muscle protein whey stuff, some Tide pods and a couple dozen monster cookies! Sounds like a fair trade.

Plus I got a few hugs out of it! A perfect Son-Day, if you ask me.


No comments: