Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Beyond the Grime

My car is still begging me to get cleansed of the road salt and grime. But before and after work the lines at every car wash on the route were at least 6 cars deep. I don't have time or patience for that but I will make it a priority tomorrow.

In the meantime, I can still see beyond the grime. See beautiful things, in fact.



Even through my dirty windshield this morning I could see the beautiful day God gave us.

Makes me wonder how many times we are missing a blessing because we are concentrating on the grime. 

If the day starts off on the wrong foot because of a cranky spouse or teenager, why do we let that ruin our whole day? There's probably still another 16 good hours left to appreciate. 

If we eat really well and exercise one day but the next morning the scale doesn't reflect that, do we give up or do we push forward, knowing progress takes time?

If you are like me, you may end up of sabotaging your joy for the day because of something negative that only occupied 10 minutes. There are 1,430 other minutes of that day that quite possibly could be filled with blessings.

Let's try to look beyond the grime and see that. We can still work on washing away the layers of negativity, but keep our eyes on light peeking through. There's beauty there. Just look.

In fact, every day that we wake up is a gift. A clean slate. 

Make it count!

No comments: