Monday, January 22, 2018

Staying at the Three Seasons


It's 8 p.m. and I just realized I haven't showered yet. Now that's a good snow day. Or ice day. Or rain day. Depends on the hour.

For real, I was at home today. No, not licking my wounds. I swear. We had the option of not braving the wicked roads. When I saw all the schools in the area were closed, I figured I didn't need to be a hero.

Frankly, the way the weather went, I would have been fine driving to work. But the drive home would have been hell.

It was like three seasons, though. It rained like spring most of the morning and early afternoon. Sometimes really hard. Then like a switch, it was sleeting like a cold fall day. And then lots of snow. Fast, sleety snow. And the temperature dropped – like it always does in the winter.

So I can't imagine what the road conditions are like and what they will be like in the morning after round 2 goes through tonight.

It was a productive day on the home front, though. Got lots of work-type projects done. Finally did my Saturday chores from two Saturdays ago. Got caught up on This Is Us. Made some yummy chicken strips in our new air fryer. And maybe, just maybe, I'll squeeze in a Hallmark movie tonight.

I guess the shower can wait.

No comments: