Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Norse Gods Keep Smiling

If bad things happen in threes, I hope that means good things happen in at least tens or twenties... or maybe hundreds.

The Norse Gods are smiling on this Vikings fan this week and it would be awesome if it could keep going a few more weeks at least.

Sunday the Vikings won.

Monday I got to and from work safely despite the crap-tastic commute.

Today our Royals beat Stratford to move a game ahead of them in the conference. And this Viking fan won the 50-50 raffle at the game.

Usually hubby and I each kick in 5 bucks so we get like 35 tickets. Tonight he said he didn't have any money so I just bought $5 worth. That's 6 tickets and the winning number was on the 5th one. A $122 jackpot. Whoo-hoo! Or do I say, SKOL!? First time I've won. And believe me, we've invested in a lot of them.

Back to important things...

Basketball. So Assumption boys were part of a 4-way tie for first in the Marawood South Conference going into tonight. Their opponent, Stratford, also had a 6-2 record. With the Royal victory, Assumption is now just tied with 2 other schools for first, since both Marathon and Auburndale also won. Looks like there's going to be some very good games in the next month!

Fortunately, the boys rely on skill.

But me... I hope my luck holds.

Keep smiling, Norse Gods.


No comments: