Sunday, January 21, 2018

God, Grant Me Skol-renity

 
The tough thing about being a lifelong fan is that you have to take the good with the bad, the joy with the sad. This past week was some of each.

I can't speak for all Vikings fans, but we sure were riding high this week after that miraculous catch to give us the win over the Saints. It was such sweet redemption for us fans, you'd think we'd won the Super Bowl.

I guess that's as close as we'll get for now anyway.

Tonight's loss against the Eagles wasn't heartbreaking. It was sad, of course, and disappointing. I can't be mad about it. We weren't robbed with poor officiating. We didn't lose on a last-second play that maybe wouldn't have made a difference if two or three other plays had gone differently during the game. Instead, we were just seriously out-played on both sides of the ball and, sadly, the Eagles deserved the win.

By halftime when we were down a few scores, I thought maybe I should watch a Hallmark movie or something to calm down. Instead I started a wordfind from a Chicken Soup for the Soul Inspirational Word Finds book.

Appropriate passage (and puzzle clues) about moving on!

And rather than just cover my eyes for the second half of the game, I finished the puzzle. The only victory in our house today.

Still, I love my Vikes no matter what. They had a great season and maybe could do it again and get even further. You can never rule out hope.

Even when your skol-renity, or serenity, has off, always have hope. Even us lifelong disappointed Purple fans can dream.

One day the ending will be different. You just have to believe.


No comments: