Thursday, January 25, 2018

The 12+12 Days of Christmas

Due to popular demand in December, my department at work wasn't able to have its holiday extravaganza (a.k.a. pot luck and white elephant gift exchange) anywhere near Christmas. So we took advantage of the 12 days of Christmas, tacked on another 12 or so and had our celebration today.

You know what that means...

TRIFLE!!

Since it was still a Christmas celebration, I made my chocolate-peppermint one with the Keebler Peppermint Stripe cookies I was looking for in December and couldn't find. Found 'em on clearance AFTER Christmas. Works for me.

The timing of the party was perfect. So many of those parties and food buffets in December that we were due for one of those meals where I overstuff myself to the point my fat jeans are tight and I am dying to unbutton them at my desk.

You know what I'm talking about. Don't deny it!

It was a fun 2 hours. Ate plenty and did a white-elephant gift exchange, which is basically getting rid of something you don't need or want. Could be re-gifting. Could be a practical joke. For my part, I got rid of a boxed set of M*A*S*H* seasons 1 and 2... on VHS. But still in the package. I threw in a bottle of wine to give it some value.

I ended up receiving an oversized ceramic beer stein of sorts. Ended up trading it to someone who wanted it and had something I could use. As a gift, that is. I know. Re-gifting times two. Don't judge me. If you get it, you'll love it. I guarantee it.

So with 40 people eating and contributing food, I had about half a trifle left. Thankfully, my neighbor stopped by so I could give some to her. And I had a meeting tonight where treats – even messy ones – are most welcome!

Came home with just enough for us to break our diets another day. But at least not 12 days.

There's a gift you can't refuse.


No comments: