Friday, January 19, 2018

Royal Focus

Just a quick note to say I'm still around. Just had a few late, late nights. And since it's midnight now, I'm going to bed pretty quick.

Both nights were sports nights. Last night I took a second swing at capturing wrestling photos of some of our Assumption boys on a combined Assumption-Nekoosa-Port Edwards team. I had taken a few two weeks ago and wanted to improve it a bit.

So here are a few from last night...

Our guys just lift their opponent like it's nothing. Wow.

Other than that, they are always straining to pin the other guy, who's typically got a painful expression on his face.

Can you blame him? Ouch!!!

We did win the meet. I can say "we" since I've been to two now!

Tonight we had a double-header basketball game at home versus Rib Lake. No camera. I knew the games would be close and I just wanted to watch and cheer!

Our varsity boys won in overtime. Crazy! Very physical game. Well, I guess not as physical as wrestling, now that I can compare the two. The JV girls won but the varsity girls team just came up short.

Afterwards, quite a number of us gathered at a watering hole to catch up on life beyond the court. It was very nice. Now off to bed so I can focus tomorrow. No matter what I type tomorrow night, do not assume I suddenly love wrestling. Just love some people involved.

And happen to have a camera available. Hope you had a good week and can do something – anything – to enjoy our brief mild spell!


No comments: