Saturday, January 27, 2018

How We Get Our Kicks

And this is how we get our kicks on a Saturday...

First, we stay busy so I for sure can't do Saturday chores on actual Saturday. Got up and made treats for the TaeKwonDo and kickboxing open house, then went to the open house. And yes, hung out with Iron Man.

Seriously, watching Iron Man break concrete. That is impressive entertainment.

His sidekick (see what I did there?) did well, too. Compared to these guys and the kids breaking boards, I am sure the kickboxers were boring to watch. But I heard at least two new people sign up for classes, so our performances must have convinced a few that anyone can do it.

It did make for a fun day. Hanging out with the ladies from class and seeing what everyone does there. Two of my classmates were teaching another one to knit. I could have joined in but I am just thinking I probably don't need another hobby right now. I'll just "oooh" and "ahhh" over their work.

Had a great, standing-room only crowd at the 1 p.m. show and a smaller one at 3:30 p.m., but that allowed me to move around and get some pictures. Didn't have time to go through them yet.

Right after the open house, I got in the shortest car wash line I could find and took advantage of above-freezing temps to get rid of the salt and slush grime. That was awesome, said my car.

Got home, showered quickly and hubby and I were off to a retirement party for our friend Chet. Was a great crowd with plenty of people we know – including my BFF and her hubby in town, and a bunch of friends we mostly see at the races. Well, Jim sees them when he substitute bowls. But I don't. It was fun.

In fact, a pretty fun day overall. And we'll get to bed by midnight.

That's how us old folks get our kicks.

No comments: