Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Change View

For a moment, when I was backing out of the garage, I thought my car had grown fangs. Then I realized my backup camera was just observing well-placed icicles hanging from my trunk.


When I see that option to "Change View," I keep hoping I can click it and it will show green grass and heat rising off the concrete.

Dream on.

The good news is that we got above zero today! I think we reached 9 degrees or so. Still no predictions to actually get above freezing in say, the next few months maybe (hope I'm wrong), but at least we're climbing out of the deep, deep freeze.

I called my mom tonight – her first new phone number in several decades – just to make sure she's staying warm and to see how she's settling into her new apartment. Her new view. I caught her in the middle of watching an episode of Andy Griffith on TV.

This 85-year-old woman got cable today for the first time in her life and she found a re-run from back in the black-and-white TV days. Ha. That's awesome. I am so glad her change of view is working out for her.

Hopefully when we get up to see her in a few weeks, she'll still be enjoying it and we will have a milder view ourselves. Pretty sure we will.

My fangs mostly melted away today.

No comments: