Saturday, April 7, 2018

Family Ties

I think sometimes people don't realize that central Wisconsin is, well, centrally located.

While it still seems pretty far from Up North, it's generally a reasonable drive to all points Wisconsin. When I learned early this afternoon that my cousin's daughter was playing basketball up in Wausau, I grabbed my camera and drove the 50 minutes to the gymnasium.

Lilly and the rest of the Siren Lady Dragons were playing in the 7th Grade State tournament. The 3:15 p.m. game I attended was against Barneveld (the Assumption girls' personal nemesis at high school state hoops). I was really hoping the Siren lead in the beginning would stay, but Barneveld ended up winning by 5 or 7 points.

Still, it was fun to watch and I think they still have a few games tomorrow, too.
 
 
Plus, it was just nice to sit and visit with the proud grandparents – my cousin Laryn and his wife, Paula.

And here's their daughter Candy and granddaughter Lilly. Notice I am short AND I had no Siren Green in the house.

Went home and hubby and I had a nice cultural date night with a different kind of family: The Addams Family. It was Assumption's musical and it was entertaining. Not just the great singing but a humorous script, too.

I took plenty of pictures at both "family events" today. Will have to sort through them tomorrow as it's close to midnight – when I turn into a cross between a Dragon and Lurch.


No comments: