Friday, April 13, 2018

It's Friggin Friday the 13th


I've got a little taste of friggatriskaidekaphobia today. That's easy to say, right?

If you didn't already know... friggatriskaidekaphobia is the Scandi-hoovian version of the "morbid, irrational fear of Friday the 13th."

Friday is Frigga's Day. Frigga (Frigg) was an ancient Scandinavian fertility and love goddess, equivalent to the Roman Venus who had been worshipped on the sixth day of the week. Christians called Frigga a witch and Friday the witches' Sabbath. Throw in some other word origins and you've got yourself something rivaling supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Move over, Mary Poppins!

Actually, stay, Mary. We could use your umbrella. As I am typing, it is raining hard and thundering and lightning. Earlier today it was hailing, too. You see, it's not so much Friday the 13th that I'm afraid of – I already survived a black cat sighting (and petting) plus downed wires on my commute home – it's what this day and night might bring.

For now, rain. But... as temperatures gradually cool overnight, the rain will become a wintry mix of rain, freezing rain and some sleet. If I believe the latest forecast models, we could have a quarter of an inch of ice in the HEART of Wisconsin come morning.


So it was only logical that hubby spends the evening golfing and I spend mine watching Hallmark Christmas movies.

For real. No Friday the 13th of April fooling.

He met up with some friends at an indoor golf simulator. I decided to get at least one of my Christmas movies watched and erased from the DVR queue. I probably won't stay up for another one because, despite this crap-tastic weather, the 5K I am photographing tomorrow morning is still ON. Yikes.

There's always something adventurous to blog about!

No comments: