Monday, April 16, 2018

This Flippin' Weather!

Is this not the most appropriate image you've seen to represent our SPRING in Wisconsin? I wish I could take credit. Just had to copy it because it's sadly the flippin' truth!

Nothing new today. Snow Days abounded for students and now most have extended school years. Dang. The rest of us worker bees trudged our way to the office through snow, slush and slipper surfaces. I know the plow drivers have been busy. It would have been impossible to expect perfectly clear roads. Just knew to drive with care.

On my way through Plover, I happened upon a fresh accident and when I was crawling past I noticed the woman standing there was my co-worker! So I turned around on some unplowed streets and made my way back to her to see if she was OK or needed a ride to work. She was shook up, her car was totaled, but she wasn't injured. She had to deal with the police (other driver's fault for jumping across her path), tow truck, insurance, etc., so she got a ride later. Was glad she was OK. And was super cautious after that!

Guess what? On the way home, all the roads were clear! Perfectly clear! Oh, that flippin' Mother Nature and her games! I surely hope she doesn't underestimate how tough we Midwesterners are. Then again, she doesn't need to keep testing us, for cryin' out loud.

Stay tuned. Tomorrow will be a non-weather topic. Even if I have to write flippin' fiction!



No comments: