Saturday, April 14, 2018

Forced Hibernation


I'm a writer not a mathematician. So 7.2 inches of snow last night + 10-18 more tonight = Sh!t Show, right? Yeah. That's what I thought.

Enough about the weather. I am starting to not like the color purple, by the way!

The 5K I was going to photograph this morning was canceled. Not only was the race route not going to get plowed in time – other priorities in town – but there also was a layer of thick ice under all that white stuff.

So I went back to bed and remained in forced hibernation all day. I did get out of bed and showered so I get points for that. Then, I really took advantage of being home. I cleaned out my underwear and sock drawers, did a bunch of freelance design work, and finished up a digital scrapbook from our New England trip... back in 2012.

Better late than never! Plus, Shutterfly has unlimited "free pages" until midnight Sunday – coincidentally when the winter storm warning ends – so I might as well take advantage of it. You might want to, too, since you'll be stuck home tomorrow as well. Even our church services have been canceled.

No joking. Wisconsin really is closed the next 24 hours at least!

Tomorrow, I hope to be a little more productive. I mean if I could knock another 2 or 3 Hallmark Christmas movies off the DVR, that would be a major accomplishment. Hubby would be happy with the extra space. Everybody wins.

How's that for a silver lining in those crazy, snow-filled clouds?

Be safe out there. Better yet, stay home, hibernate and be safe IN there.


No comments: