Friday, April 27, 2018

Forgive My Fair-Weathered Fan-ness



Due to a snow day earlier this month, the Royals had to hold a double-header against Auburndale today to get both that game plus today's rainy fiasco in. Mother Nature was only slightly more cooperative.

I went to baseball since I hadn't seen them play yet this week. It was cold and rainy and my fingers were freezing. Not to mention my camera wasn't having fun.

I bumped up the contrast on this picture so you could see a little of the rain. Uff da. Those poor guys and girls!

When I was chilled to the bone – admittedly under-dressed – I remembered I didn't HAVE to be there. I am normally not a fair-weather fan, but when I don't have a child playing and there will be warmer days ahead (knock on wood) and I am sitting outside all day tomorrow at the Twins game... well, then, it's OK to go home.

Seven years ago today, when this little fella was playing, well I would stick it out, of course. But mostly likely plan ahead with an abundance of layers and blankets in the trunk. Looks a lot sunnier and drier back then.

Times changes in all sorts of ways, doesn't it?

Tonight, I had the pleasure of a warm house while keeping tabs on both our softball and baseball games through an app on my phone called GameChanger. Girls won both today. Boys lost the first but are still playing the second.

Keep your fingers crossed for tonight and for sunny, victorious days ahead!


No comments: