Friday, April 20, 2018

TGIFs


Nothing puts the F in TGIF like friends, fun, food, and freakishly warm temperatures. (Hey, sunny and warm enough to melt snow is freakish around here!)

In a weird turn of events, the Iola publishing office where hubby and I worked for more than a dozen years relocated to Stevens Point this week. So had I stayed rather than take that detour through Renaissance for 2 years, I'd be commuting to Stevens Point anyway! But I'm certainly glad I am where I am!

A few of us "Iola folks" who are working at Sentry met some of our former co-workers for a quick lunch today.


Of course, I planned ahead so I have some treats from my Magic Blue Pan for my "work husband" Angelo. He gave that 9x13 purveyor of culinary delights the MBP name. So I had to include the "From the Magic Blue Pan Kitchen" on the Cool Whip container. And I HAD to be sure it was filled with one of his favorites – my Hornet's Nest Cake.

I was great to see some of the old gang. Hopefully their future will be as bright as mine in the little college town!

Speaking of bright... I took a walk after work in the bright sun and was grateful to hear tons of birds chirping! We needed this meltdown to start so they could find grass and food. Plus the farm around the bend has some bird feeders so that explains why they were all headquartered in their trees.

Based on the weather app I pictured above, we should see a continued meltdown all weekend. Save the birds. Save the spring sports season, too!

That'll be a great TGI any day when that happens.



No comments: