Sunday, April 15, 2018

X-treme X-hausting Xanto

When a winter storm is called Xanto, you know it's going to be, well, different... eXtreme... eXhausting. Our view from yesterday hasn't changed a bit. Still under house arrest. Still in forced hibernation.

Since church was called off and authorities issued DO NOT TRAVEL warnings, it made for a long day at home. I finished up my freelance work first. Well, after coffee. Then decided to do some snow-mageddon multi-tasking.

Did you know one Hallmark Christmas movie equals 10,000 steps? Did you also know that even in April there's a happy kiss-under-the-mistletoe ending? True story. Both.

I checked in with College Boy (still a teen for a few weeks) to see what he was getting down South. Only about 4 inches, he said. So I had to venture out and capture our view.
 

This was about 2 p.m. and the snow was not done yet.

The wind was blowing snowflakes in my eyes!

This had just been all cleared off 2 hours earlier. Not by me. By my hard-working hubby. After movie and shower, I spent some time cleaning my office. I made some progress and even found some King Cone gift certificates I didn't know I had. Winner winner!

Later, I watched the movie Unbroken, based on the book by the same name. I enjoyed the book but just never got around to seeing the movie. Pretty good. While I was being lazy, Jim ventured into town. We didn't exactly stock up on groceries ahead of time. Our road isn't plowed yet so hopefully that will get taken care of before the morning commute. I realize the plow drivers are crazy busy. And I appreciate them!

Looking at some of the more recent totals, it should be an interesting commute tomorrow since Rapids got 17.4 inches and I travel through Plover as I head up toward Wausau. Yikes. Remember on Friday the 13th when everyone was going nut over hail and thunder? And we could still see the grass?

Good times.

Pretty sure baseball and softball will not be happening Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully by Friday but apparently we've got other precipitation coming. Let's not talk about that. Sigh...

Pass the Xanax, Xanto.


No comments: