Thursday, April 26, 2018

Moon Child

Since the "big kids" were playing baseball and softball away at Edgar, I took the opportunity to shoot pictures of our middle school baseball team in action. There are several younger siblings of high school athletes we've been cheering on awhile, so that was fun to see them. Rain held off, too.

I didn't stay until the end of the game since it was getting chilly and I came right from work and was not dressed for outdoor sports! So I headed home and got updates on the varsity games. Boys lost by 2, darn. The girls won again 15-0. Yay!

My victory for the night was trying my new lens on capturing the moon. It's not full yet but I wanted to practice before it is – just to see if my new equipment can bring me even more joy. Oh yes, it can!

The way my mind's eye saw it as still in a evening blue sky. First time I've gotten craters to show up and I was not even using my tripod!

In Photoshop, I selected "automatic tone" and altered the image to probably what it really looks like in the dark sky.

Either way, I like!

I'll wait a few days to start howling at it, though.

No comments: