Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Hump Day Headlinez

Just a few Hump Day Headlines...


BIG FOOT: Well, the tallies are in and we officially received a foot of snow in Wisconsin Rapids. That's roughly half an inch per hour. It piled up slowly but surely. Roads were allegedly plowed this morning but it was a slippery commute. Got just warm enough that the road surfaces were OK for the drive home. Let's not talk about the Weather Channel headline "Three more chances of snow – we're sorry". Somebody better be sorry!

MARCH MADNESS BRINGS APRIL SADNESS: You know you had a bad bracket when just realized the NCAA tournament is over. I didn't stop paying attention after Arizona got knocked out, but I certainly "let it go" after Duke was eliminated. I didn't win any money off my picks but did win $10 off a pool based randomly on final scores. Hubby was a the big winner for the one at work – well, our former workplace in Iola. I never professed to be the smart one around here. Not for sports anyway.


NAILED IT: Somehow all this talk about snow and winter led me to volunteer to host a Jamberry party. I saw some new looks for spring (the real spring) and summer so I got pretty excited. At right is the Roam Free design that I couldn't wait to order. Should go with just about anything! If you want take a look at what's new – especially the Desert line where this came from – you can shop here: https://sarahoksiuta.jamberry.com/us/en/shop/party/home/70643ff2-e05e-465d-8870-1a2e618902c4. I can invite you through Facebook, too. Just let me know! Closes April 16.

SPRING SALE: It's that time of year again for the annual super-huge, multi-multi-family garage sale hosted by Carter's former sitters Jon and Audrey. For my part, I took over some 80 books to sell. There are way, way, way too many deals to mention. Clothes from baby to adult, toys, household goods, tools and just good stuff. Shop Friday-Sunday at 9410 80th Street South, Wisconsin Rapids. What else you gonna do in this weather?!


No comments: