Thursday, April 5, 2018

Like a Broken Record

I don't want to talk about the weather.

I don't want to think about Old Man Winter and Mother Nature fighting like crabby parents – and wondering why I have to choose sides when I want them both to keep quiet.

But I will because... dang. We are out to set all kinds of records around here. And not one good ones.

First, the snowfall for yesterday, when we shattered our record by 7 inches in Wisconsin Rapids.


Then, awakening to record cold this morning. Are you serious?


Winter is getting old and annoying – just like a broken record. Pun intended.

As a Wisconsinite for life, I should never really be surprised at anything that happens in any season – or the occasions when we experience all four in one week.

It's just that, well, I'm a summer girl, through and through. And Mr. Deck Chair, well, he's ready to go off the deep end.

So let's just take a collective breath – Ol' Man Winter, Mother Nature, Mr. Deck Chair, and I guess me – and let it out slowly and evenly. Then glance at the calendar. Confirm that it IS spring. Not winter. And not summer (darn).

Then be kind.

Always choose kind.

No comments: