Monday, April 30, 2018

On Deck: Work-Life Balance


In corporate-speak, "work-life balance" is the term used to describe the balance that an individual needs between time allocated for work and other aspects of life.

It's not even reasonable to expect this would be a 50-50 balance. But it sort of worked out that way this weekend. Saturday was "life" and Sunday was "work" with a little life to kick it off.

We hit the road for Twins Territory at 8 a.m. Saturday – Jim in his Reds hat, me in as many layers of Twins-wear possible, and Tony in neutral flannel.

It was a 1:10 p.m. game so the plan was to get to Target Field, see the sights a bit, meet up with my niece Caryn and head into the park – early enough to be the first 20,000 fans to get a Twins hat courtesy of DQ. Because I should make it an even dozen Twins hats in my possession!

First thing I realized was that I was the only one excited about taking pictures around Target Field. But I did force a few on the guys.

Jim and I before our rivalry kicked into gear.

Tony and I hanging out with TC.

Since Caryn had to work and wasn't getting there until closer to 12:30 or so, I sent the guys in and walked around snapping photos and getting steps.


Had to take this one for my BFF Christine who, though happily married, has non-secretly been in love with Mollie for like 3 decades!


You should not leave me unsupervised! I heart Joe Mauer!

Cool scenes from the outside perimeter...



Series wins that remember very well!


New statue of Tom Kelly – coach for those series wins.



The Peanuts gang! Didn't know they were there because I hadn't come in at that exit (right by the light rail) before.

Caryn got there in plenty of time for us to get selfies AND headgear! Whoo-hoo!



Funny thing was that she ended up buying a hat later. A winter hat.

Yes, it was a "mild" low 50s and sunny. But we were in the shade and I so grateful I was wearing long underwear. Not Twins long-johns, just normal. But they swerved their purpose!

Game was fun. Took pictures of some Twins AND Reds for a balanced scrapbook later on.
Another one for Christine!

Our seats, our view.



Reds homerun. Grrrr.


 Twins homerun. Yay!

 Our favorite players: Joey Votto for Jim and Joe "I love Robyn" Mauer.







And yes, despite the Reds beating the Twins on Friday and Sunday, they pulled out a win for me on Saturday! Yes!
 Rodney came into close...

And close he did!

Twins win! Twins win! 3-1.



I guess just about everyone got one of those 20,000 hats! Ha.


After the game, we met up with No. 1 son Casey (who lives in St. Paul) and his girlfriend. Met our grand-pup Rey Rae. And had some good pizza.

Got home after 10 p.m. On Sunday, had a choir cantata at both 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. church services. Had a meeting from 1-2:30 p.m. Then had freelance work to do until after 10:30 p.m. last night. Did sneak out for a quick walk with my boyfriend Buddy, but that was it for enjoying the nicest day of the year so far.

Thankfully, with this work-life balance, I worked today and could enjoy the great outdoors later – and Royals baseball and softball victories!

No comments: