Tuesday, May 1, 2018

20-20 Vision

Do big changes happen overnight? Not usually. But it often feels that way.

Where did these extra pounds come from? They weren't here yesterday. Why do I need cheaters to read up close now? My eyes were fine yesterday. How is it possible my baby boy is 20? He was just a teenager yesterday.

Actually, he was.

Just 7 short years ago we became the proud parents of a teenager. Carter was fine spending the day with family and loved his brand new adult-sized bicycle!

Time flies.

Now he's 3 hours away, working, going to class, and then spending the fun part of the day with friends instead of family. Mom and Dad can't give him birthday spankings or hugs in person (but talked to him on the phone.) Can't have birthday cake (but can secretly have ice cream). Probably can't call him College Boy any more since he's not even a teen.

I guess he's Mr. College to you, now.


And, of course, he'll always be my baby boy.


No comments: