Tuesday, May 8, 2018

When in Rome... er, Plover


I don't always schedule my photo shoots according to their vicinity to King Cone.

Or do I?

It just happens that I wanted to see a friend's daughter play softball for Stevens Point AND I wanted to see the daughters of a couple more friends play for Wisconsin Rapids (Lincoln HS, not Assumption). When I found out they were playing today and Assumption wasn't, I figured this was the game to go to and snap photos on both sides of the roster.

How did I know they'd hold it in Plover – totally on my way home from work and, coincidentally I assure you, just 2 blocks from King Cone? It's my charmed life, I guess.

It was nice to see friends I haven't seen in several months plus take several, several photos, too. SPASH won both JV and Varsity games. I think their Varsity team is something like 18-0 this season. Wow. I am hoping I'll see another Rapids game when they play at home and I know where to stand for photos. Those darn steel fences are always in the way!

After the game, of course, I HAD to stop at King Cone. When in Plover, do as Plover-ans do. And I am sure they do ice cream.

The Blueberry "Yes, Please" Cake flavor should get me through until the next game.

Just by pure coincidence I assure you, our Lady Royals will play at home Thursday... about 3 blocks from the Rapids King Cone.

Just sayin'.



No comments: