Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Now, Who's Excited?

There's three reasons right there that it was a pretty excited evening in Assumption Royals territory!

I attended the baseball game because I knew the Royals and Loyal were closely matched and it would be close. I was so nervous on Coach Austin's behalf that I didn't even take my camera out of the car. When we fell behind, I started to wonder if maybe that jinxed it.

Seriously, ya'll know about sports superstitions!

Thankfully by the 5th inning, I found the correct place to stand that led to some hits and the score of one run for us to tie it up. I stayed in that exact pose for the rest of our at bats in innings 6 and 7. Must have worked. In the bottom of the 7th, one of our seniors hit a walk-off single to bring in our guy on third base. There was much rejoicing!!

Now for a quick turnaround, they play again tomorrow afternoon at Pittsville for the Regional Championship. I don't recall us ever beating Pittsville in all the years Carter played. It's OUR turn now. Good luck, boys!

The girls softball and soccer don't play until Thursday. For softball, they're one victory away from state! Fingers crossed!

Of course, the exciting thing for me today has nothing to do with sports. My countdown is now just 2 weeks until the Skol Sisters are in Scandi-hoovia! Whoo-hoo! And look what arrived in the mail from my twin...

Uff da! Now that's a cool apron! Might have to bake some victory treats!

Skol, Royals!

No comments: