Saturday, May 5, 2018

Spring Visitor


We had a visitor today. His name is Spring. And it's about darn time!

Unfortunately, I was stuck indoors all day at a church council retreat. I shouldn't say "stuck" since it was very worthwhile. But oh what a case of cabin fever just seeing the beautiful day outside. Still, I can't complain when it was 79 degrees in the late afternoon yet.

The rain and mild temps this week have made our yards transform from scattered snow to green grass. Which brings other visitors...

Tell me again why I need to go anywhere to capture wildlife photos when our back yard will suffice.



He sees me but I won the stare down.


He's like, "Hey, there's water in the creek this year!"






After searching for s'mores in the fire pit and finding none, he trotted off to the greener grass on the other side of the fence.

Since it was an almost summer-like evening, hubby and I had a dinner date on the river. Sort of. We went to Anchor Bay on the shores of the Wisconsin River. Was packed with prom kids but we – feeling a bit under-dressed – still got a table and had a great meal. All the dresses looked pretty.

But not as pretty as our view.

Ahhhh, thanks for visiting, Spring. Why don't you stay awhile?



No comments: