Saturday, May 19, 2018

Family Bonding

Got to spend my day with a few of my "other" families. They are far more important than the Royal Wedding, so we had to turn down our invitation to that. Please forgive us, Harry and Megs. Hubby had to coach a double-header in Stevens Point and I had my own full schedule here.

Today was the Assumption Royal Event 5K that I told you about last month. It's a fundraiser that my BFF organizes for her cousin Tina Livernash's Memorial Scholarship. I help on the committee with design work and race day registration. Oh and photography.

Not sure who these girls are but it's fun to see them wearing "my" shirts!


While it was a good time with the Livernash family, we had our own family there, too. Our nephew Colin was actually the overall winner! Not racing stock car today, but he's got wheels! Way to go. Wow.

After the race, I went home, changed clothes and headed down to Nekoosa for a baby shower for our neighbor's son and daughter-in-law.
My friend Cindy is glowing as the grandmother-to-be, isn't she? And don't you love the shirts from the parents-to-be? Hers says "Preggers" and his says "The Man Behind the Bump." Besides the wonderful presents, they're all pretty darn excited about what this summer's going to bring! Since Isaac used to babysit Carter once in awhile, I am confident he'll be a good daddy.

After the shower, it was baseball time. Not the Assumption Royals. Twins are hosting the Brewers this weekend so that means it's on TV here in central Wisconsin Our friends Mike and Christine came over with their Brew Crew and it was too much blue karma in the house. Twins blew it.

Still it was great to see our old friends and talk silly for a few hours!

Was reminded this afternoon that it was five years ago today that I last saw my dad alive. He wasn't looking the greatest, as you can see, but I had hopes he'd last longer than another week. Was blessed with the opportunity to say goodbye. We don't always get that.

That's why days like today are important. Spend time with people who matter when you have the chance.

I am certainly blessed to have many "second families" around here. Thank you!

No comments: