Monday, May 7, 2018

More Spring Visitors

We had another spring visitor during the night. This one much cuter than our backyard Bambi.

Mr. College came home, literally just for the night. Got to our house at 10 p.m. We visited a bit. Got him up at 7 a.m. so he could be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for an 8:30 summer job interview. Not jinxing it with any more details for now. Had that until 10:30 a.m. Went home, had lunch with Dad, then went back to Platteville.

Whirlwind tour but I told him he certainly wouldn't want to have to do it next week during Finals Week. Yes, the sophomore year is wrapping up already. Wow.

So my mind was busy with thoughts of him today while I did a short walk in the Schmeekle Reserve. I got startled by a rustling next to me and sure enough Mr. Squirrel was playing around with some food he stole. It kinda looked like a cookie so I was ready to give chase.

He was faster than me, though, since I have done no speed training lately.

Just chuckled, put my phone back in my pocket and continued on. I wish I hadn't put it away because this deer really took me by surprise, walking right across the path in front of me. Not even 5 feet away and I couldn't grab my phone fast enough for a photo. Just this blurry distant one in the woods.

After that, I carried it at the ready the rest of the walk. And naturally, didn't see a thing. Oh well. You'll just have to believe me it happened. There were witnesses. They thought it was pretty cool, too.

Guess I don't have to document everything with photos. I mean I may or may not have taken photos of our overnight visitor while he was sleeping.

Oh, deer.

No comments: