Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Duck, Duck...

Finally have some playmates on my lunch break. I've been playing Duck, Duck, Gray Duck this week at the Schmeekle Reserve across the street from the office.

And yes, it's Gray Duck not Goose... Originating from Sweden, the game was originally called "Anka Anka GrĂ¥ Anka," which translated means “duck duck gray duck." See what I am learning in prep for my trip?

The guy above was hilarious to play with because I was walking on the boardwalk just coming off and I saw him approaching on the dirt path. I stopped and he walked right by my feet and onto the boardwalk and just waddled away. Who needs dirt, grass, or water?

Today, I saw these fellas...

The younger one (I'm just guessing here. I really know nothing about ducks.) was very focused on finding duck treats in the water.

The older one is like, "Really? That crazy camera lady is right there. Let's get out of here."

 He looked back with a big sigh and got out.

The other guy was like, "No, there really is some yummy stuff here!"

Eventually, they both got out of the water and neither of them chased me. Technically, I didn't call either one the Gray Duck, so they didn't have to.

I know I didn't say Goose. But these guys will have a hissy fit and chase whether I'm playing the game or not.

Playtime is over, my feathered friends. Tomorrow I might just hang out with some humans for a change.


No comments: