Saturday, November 3, 2018

An Extra Hour-ish


Knowing we'd have a whole extra hour today – unofficially – I made myself quite a Saturday To Do List:

  • Clean house
  • Close the Course
  • Photograph a rock star
  • Bake Xmas cookies
  • Watch Hallmark movie
  • Turn back the clocks 


Today I am grateful for extra time – and I have some photos to show for it.

Did I get my list all done? Almost. I did get some sweeping done, but hubby vacuumed while I was off closing the course.


The Close the Course Race actually does close the golf course at SentryWorld for the season. My neighbor Marigene and I represented the 'hood and a certain age category. She finished 4th in it and I followed at 6th. Here we are celebrating with our finish-line beer. Point Root Beer, that is!

Was a lovely day for a run. Last year it rained, so having the sun out with no wind was an extra bonus. Made the 40 degrees feel warm. Or something. 

I haven't been doing much running so I signed up for the 2.5-mile run instead of the 5-mile one. Knowing I'd have to walk part of it, I was just hoping I could finish under 30 minutes. I crossed at 27:49, which was 3 minutes better than last year. So I was ecstatic between that and the fact this year's event t-shirts are purple!

Came home and went out on a photo shoot. Yes, a rock star, for real. Jim's classmate Kat, who we sometimes go hear when her band is playing in the area. Took some pictures of her for a portfolio of sorts. Didn't get time to jazz up yet, though.

Had to go to the next item on my list: Christmas cookies. Now I purchased two "cookie stamps" from a Scandinavian store that I hoped to use for the upcoming Cookie Bake. No matter what I tried – oil, sugar, flour – I could not get a decent stamp. And usually the dough stuck to it. So I manage to get a half dozen Viking cookies to work and then switch gears and made round cookies with melted chocolate drizzled on them later.


This one is still beauti-SKOL, doncha think? If you know a trick for using those stamps successfully, I'll take advice. Thanks!

I actually skipped the Hallmark movie tonight and went to a real one. I know. The second movie date this week. Jim and I both enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody. Even somewhat knowing the story, it was still a great way to tell it! After the flick, we stopped at Ida's for pizza and now I'm checking all the clocks.

I squeezed a lot into that extra hour today. How 'bout you?


No comments: