Friday, November 23, 2018

Red, Green, Blue, and Purple Friday

The only Black part of my Black Friday was my mood when I woke up with a very sore back. It sort of "went out" last night before dinner and I can't figure what I did. But those of you with chronic back problems know it doesn't take much, does it?

But I quickly changed my Black mood into some Red and Green with a little Hallmark action on the big screen while icing. It was great multi-tasking!

Turned that into Navy Blue and Royal Blue when I went to Assumption and watched some of the Cranberry Classic basketball tournament. Hubby is on the organizing committee for the annual event so he is there all day today and Saturday.

I watched Nekoosa play and took picture of one of my friend's daughters. They go to our church and it's always fun to see these perfectly sweet girls act like tough guys on the court. Good time. I stayed for the Royals varsity girls game after that. Didn't take any pictures of that. Just wanted to enjoy the victory as a spectator.

Went home after that for another round of icing the back before Mr. College and I went out for Lupper – you now, lunch and supper combined.

Went down the road to Sportsmen's where he had some hot and spicy burger and I had chicken strips with hot and spicy raspberry habanero dipping sauce. We are two peas in a spicy pod!

Went across the street after that to visit the tree lot run by Carter's former babysitters. Yes, they have some purple trees this year! First time they've ever had anything but green and they chose purple. We must really be their favorite Viking fans in the whole wide world!

And no, we didn't buy this one. Yet. We don't have room really. Our new TV might make it hard to fit our skinny tree the way it is. But I am SKOL-fully tempted to find space!

Dropped Carter off at home and went back into town for the Royals boys game. Their first of the season and against very tough Milwaukee team that comes up for the tournament each year. Boys lost but hopefully they'll come away with a win tomorrow. I came away with a win – some cranberry raffle basket!

After the game, I picked up some pain relief for my back and a few items for tomorrow. I don't get what all the hub-bub about Black Friday is. It's still Friday and there wasn't a line in sight! Gotta shop smart, people!

And by smart I mean buy what you need. And yes, I did need those Viking cupcakes they had. I'll eat those while contemplating that tree purchase.

No comments: