Sunday, November 4, 2018

Rain Dates


When the weatherman calls for 100 percent rain – and he's actually right – there's only one thing to do: Spend the day inside. With a friend.

My childhood (and beyond) friend Julie and I try to get together a few times a year since we live less than 2 hours apart (she's just south of Madison). And we're both at the empty nest stage in life where we should have free time. Still, it usually takes some major schedule coordination to pull it off.

Today, she was on standby based on Mr. Forecaster. Since he was correct, that postponed a senior photo shoot indefinitely – freeing up my day. So we agreed to meet at a halfway point for lunch: Monk's Bar and Grill in Wisconsin Dells.


Thankfully it wasn't super busy so we could enjoy a nearly 3-hour visit! So very good to see her!

Today, for my Gratitude Month Blessing Photo Challenge, I am grateful for my lifelong friend. She's been there for me through awkward junior high years to handling life at 50! Lucky to have this Luck girl by my side always!

Not sure if we'll have another rain date soon, but we'll have our snow date in February at Camp Crop-A-Lot. Then we have 3 days instead of 3 hours of quality time.

Feeling blessed beyond words. Hope you found a spot of sunshine in your rainy day, too!

No comments: