Monday, November 26, 2018

Purple Monday

Usually I have the blues on a Monday, but not today! Today it was purple!

OK. Not gloating. Seriously not. Ugly game. Two bad teams. We were lucky to come out on top.

And the good mood didn't last all day. How could it? It was still a Monday.

Had a quick, busy day at work, then stopped by the middle school not far from work to take some pictures of our 7th-grade basketball team playing against Pacelli. The lights in the gym seemed bright but my pictures were looking like crap, so I opted not to stay for the 8th-grade game – even though the 7th-grade one went into overtime so I knew there was excitement to be had. Could have just stayed and cheered anyway, but I had things to do at home.

Besides eat pumpkin pie for supper and watch The Voice, that is. Had to cheer up a sad loved one and remind them not everything is in our control. I can't change the lighting in the gym and they can't change someone else's mind.

All we can do is try to infuse more purple than blue into the Monday. Maybe throw in a SKOL! for good measure.


No comments: