Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Salute the Chair Man


Woke up to a dusting of snow today. Looks good on the leaves and grass, but not so much on this guy...


Today I'm grateful for Mr. Deck Chair. He quite literally has supported me through thick and thin. (I'm sure he prefers thin.) And had always been my chief enabler for procrastinating – especially when it comes to housework or anything involving, well, work.

It's surprising how a little time with Mr. Deck Chair can go a long way. I am not as high maintenance as some may thing. Give me a good cup of coffee and Mr. Deck Chair on a mild summer's morning, and I'm good to go. Give me a good book and Mr. Deck Chair any time of day and I can avoid cleaning like nobody's business.

And a nap with my face to the sun? Pull up a chair!

Based on the forecast for the next little while, I'll probably have to tuck Mr. Deck Chair and his friends away for a few months.

When he comes back out in the spring, though, I know the worst (season, that is) is behind us. I can guarantee I'll be grateful for that, too.

Do you have a go-to spot to unwind? It's a sweet blessing we deserve, isn't it?

No comments: