Saturday, March 16, 2019

Coffee, Cows, Cat-astrophe and Cake


After days of flooding, we might as well wake up to more snow since we can't seem to catch a break when it comes to weather "events" these days. Thankfully, the rest of the day was pretty sunshiny from there. Just took coffee, cows, cat-astrophe and cake.

Coffee... had book club at 9 a.m. at From the Ground Up downtown. Six of us there today and we had a good book discussion and great catch-up session. These ladies are my word nerd squad and I love them!



Cows... After book club, Cindy and I made an emergency trip to Kohl's – you know, before her Kohl's Cash expired. Then, since we were in the neighborhood, we stopped at Feltz Dairy, which happens to serve King Cone ice cream. We blamed the cute cows on the miniature merry-go-round for our lack of self-control.

Cat-astophe... Not really, but the cat definitely having one. She went a hiding in Jim's closet when I left for book club in the morning and was there all day.


Meanwhile, Rey was like "I'm too adorable to be a threat! Can't we all get along?" I wish I looked that cute when I begged!

Cake... This evening, the Austin side got together at Anchor Bay to celebrate my mother-in-law's 80th birthday. After a yummy, filling meal, we stopped over at Jim's sister Sherry's house for cake and ice cream.


Jim, his parents, and sister.

Grandma blows out her one candle representing 80!

March birthday kids: Casey, Grandma, and brother-in-law Baird.


Donna Mae with two of her four favorite grandsons! Colin couldn't make it since he and his wife were out of town for a concert. And Carter's still out of the country.

So naturally, I had their share of cake and ice cream.

Maybe my blog title should have been Coffee, Cows, Cat-astrophe, Cake and CALORIES!


No comments: