Friday, March 8, 2019

The Ice Man Cometh and Goeth

For the past two weeks, my car has quite literally been trapped in the arms of the Ice Man. Ever since that crazy rainy, icy, snowy scrapbooking weekend, my wheel wells have been full and the hanging ice gucka un-chippable. Plus my trunk and other areas still had a layer of ice that wasn't going anywhere. 

Until today. The first day of 2019 (I believe) that we are above freezing. Maybe just 1 degree, but that's all that matters.


My first order of business after work was kicking (gently if I could) and scrapping off those big glaciers behind each wheel. This is how big they each were compared to my foot. Yuck!



By the time I stopped at the chiropractor and then the store, my ice shelf on the trunk was finally sliding off.

I helped it go all the way so I wouldn't have ice chunks in my trunk.


There was still ice built up on the inside of the trunk, too. I told you it was a crazy storm! I was able to just pick that off with my hand, thankfully. But you'll notice Black Betty has changed to a salt-specked gray. Next stop...


I didn't care how long I had to wait. Knowing I'll be out of town tomorrow when it's even warmer, I couldn't go home without getting this done. Plus, Black Betty deserved it!


If you heard a loud sigh around 6 p.m., that was her. Loving her massage and rinse!

And if you heard me sigh 45 minutes later ...


Still above freezing. Yes! And our broken spring on the garage got fixed today so the next time the weather turns, we can both park in the garage.

I'll just ignore that 4-8 inch forecast tomorrow night. We're SPRING-ing ahead so it can't be right.

No comments: