Sunday, March 10, 2019

Germany Days and Arabian Nights

It was a Boys Weekend and a Girls' Day Out combined into one.


I was both thrilled and jealous that Carter went to down to Munich and got to spend two days with his German brother – our boy Lukas, who we hosted in 2014.


Fast forward 5 years and the boys have grown up. Even Lukas' little brother Flo (Florian) on the left is now a young adult. They had a good time catching up, going to a concert, and eating large pizza! So blessed they can be brothers for life. (Public Service Announcement: If you have a chance to give your child an exchange experience, do it! We only had Lukas a month, not a whole year, and it was a life-changer for all of us!)


Today was my turn. My friend Cindy and I went to the Rapids Children's Theatre production of Aladdin. I didn't know if I'd know any kids, but turns out I did. Well, their parents or grandparents, that is. Took lots of pictures while still enjoying the entertainment and talent of these kids who are maybe 5th grade at the oldest. Fun time!

Hubby's fun was a day without me yesterday and some indoor baseball fun today. Everybody wins.

Until we really feel the impact of Daylight Saving tomorrow. Then, everybody naps!

No comments: