Thursday, March 14, 2019

National Nerd, er Pi, Day


Math is not my strong suit anymore. Yet, just like a lot of other common folk, we think we're mathematical geniuses on Pi Day. If the nerds among us hadn't started observing it years ago, we wouldn't either. We pride ourselves in knowing the first numbers after the decimal – 14 – even though there's an endless stream after that.

So what? It's an excuse to have pie! Or some other treat if none of your co-workers celebrated it with you by bringing one in. My treat came later...


My friend and former co-worker Colleen and I had vowed after I left Renaissance that we'd try to get together once a month for a yummy Pineapple Express Burger (pineapple, sriracha and peanut butter) at Jennings downtown. Well it hasn't been monthly. In fact our last month burger was right before Thanksgiving. But hey, we're trying. At least we're not giving up!

Was great to catch up over one of our favorite treats. Will always treasure the time we worked together but I wouldn't trade my current situation for anything.

Except, maybe, some coconut cream pie. Or Andes Mint pie. Or warm apple pie with ice cream... The pie list could be as long as Pi!

No comments: