Friday, March 29, 2019

Highly Ill-Logic-al


A package arrived from Amazon the other day. Nothing unusual there except I could not figure out why I was getting a book called Supermarket. Surely there was some mistake. When I saw the author's name was Bobby Hall, it actually started clicking.

Bobby is more commonly known as the rapper Logic. And this was his book – which we pre-ordered for Carter for one of his Christmas presents. Fast forward three months and the book was released Monday and in our mailbox the next day.

I told Carter I was going to read it before delivering it to him next week. He's way jealous.


I, on the other hand, am decidedly not cool or hip enough to be reading this! But that didn't stop me.

I read a little the first night and told Carter that Logic's writing style took a bit to get used to. (I know. I'm too much of an editor and critic!) But he'd go off on a tangent and literally write, "Now where was I going with that? Oh yeah. Back to..." A little too conversational for me, I said. But promised Carter no spoilers.

Didn't back to it until tonight after work. And finished the whole book!

Still a strange story but it had some twists. I think Carter will really like it. So props to Logic. He also dropped a "soundtrack" for the book on the same day. Brilliant marketing move.

I'll need to remember that when I finally do get a book done. Make sure I've got decent recordings of me on the kazoo to go with it.

Now that's illogical.


No comments: