Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Spring Broke


Starting to think Sylvester had the right idea: Just hide out in her human's closet until he comes home from Louisville. That may or may not have avoided some of my roller coaster today.


First off, it was a great day at work. How it could it not be when I was armed with my new coconut creation I like to call the Coppertone Trifle. Perfect for our Spring Break-themed celebration at work today! We have an annual day to eat cake and other treats while we celebrate successes of the previous year and get a bit of a bonus if it was a good one. It's pretty awesome.


We also have some fun, too. Because you know, all work and no play make for a dull Robyn Rae. So we got to dress up like spring breakers – no bikinis or short shorts allowed. It was pretty cool.

From there I went straight to a dental appointment – without the fancy glasses. Then I had to high tail it home to pick up my choir stuff since we were singing at the 6:30 p.m. Ash Wednesday service.

I pull into the driveway and my garage door wouldn't open. Well it did part way and there was some chord that showed up out of nowhere on the outside of the door. I tried a few more times and it would close and open only partway. I knew I was pressed for time, so I went into the garage to open from the inside. I remembered I needed to pull on the red "release chord" thing to disconnect it. That just about took the skin off my fingers, so I said screw it (maybe a stronger word), grabbed my choir music and sped to church. Yup, still wearing my Hawaiian shirt and Spring Break clothes. Thank goodness for choir robes.

Meanwhile, hubby has had a nightmare of a travel schedule on this trip. Delays on the way down and delays on the way back. He may not get home tonight. I, of course, want to prove I am independent in his absence, so I attempted to get that garage door open. When I told him about it, he insisted it's a light, aluminum door and it should be no problem to open manually. Well it was for me. And I probably pulled some muscle or something. Finally I raised the white flag and good neighbor Mike came over. (Yup, I will still a Spring Breaker plus ashes on my forehead.) He was able to muscle it open but we realized that extra chord that was hanging around was due to some spring that broke or is somehow malfunctioning. Any fix is gonna have to wait.

Conclusion: I may have to join kitty in the closet. If Jim does make it home at 2 a.m. or so, he'll have to park outside. I took his spot in the garage. Sorry, hon! Not much you can do if your Spring Break turns into a Spring Broke. Just hope I don't have to use my bonus for a new garage door!

No comments: