Wednesday, March 13, 2019

The Great Meltdown Begins


It this looks like a scene from a horror movie, it kind of is. While we are thrilled with temps in the 40s – what?! – it also brought rain instead of snow. Lots and lots of rain. Like I think 24 hours of rain.

So my morning and evening commute looked like the scary scene above. Only a lot more foggy. Anything reflective is water turned to ice. I literally glided out of my driveway and out of my neighborhood this morning! Thankful for the county and state roads since they were pretty clear.

During the day, high water everywhere – including the basements of several friends. Yikes. I figure since tomorrow is going to be in the 50s, this is only going to get worse before it gets better. I should be thrilled, but...

My nephew out in Rapid City, S.D., is dealing with a blizzard that boasted 94 mph wind gusts. Not kidding. Is it coming this way? I don't know and I don't want to look.

The sad thing is that we've had the most snow ever and my friend Cindy and I didn't get out snowshoeing yet! Seems like it either snowed a storm, iced a storm, or was wicked windchills. On the weekend when there was daylight anyway!

Maybe we'll still get out. Or maybe we'll be kayaking down Blue Jay Drive! For the sake of our homes and basements, let's hope not.

No comments: