Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Day 200

Today is Day 200 :: Post-Washington State Trip. Remember that back in early March? Me neither. I don't know why I keep track on my office calendar still. Maybe because somedays I feel like a prisoner marking time.


Our main kitchen calendar reminds us of what today SHOULD HAVE been! We just couldn't bring ourselves to cross it off. And yes, we're assured our tickets will be valid a year from now. But dang, can they promise this perfect weather? Upper 70s and sunny. Just a gorgeous day!

What else is happening in the world? Well, the pandemic is still going on obviously. And our Wisconsin governor declared a public health emergency today due to a rise in cases on college campuses – and  extended the statewide mask mandate, which was set to expire next week, through Nov. 21.

Close to home, this is what the numbers look like here. Just went over 700 cases in Wood County. It seems like we only had 50 or something at the end of June. Wow.

On the sports front, many local high schools are doing what they can for fall sports, limited crowd sizes as necessary. I've been able to shoot pictures of tennis and cross country for Assumption. So far volleyball and football are on the docket. 

Many colleges are skipping fall sports all together. And in the big leagues, the abbreviated baseball season is almost wrapped up and no fans have been allowed in baseball or football stadiums – or at pro hoops and hockey playoff games, which were delayed from spring to now.

Work wise, I'm still working from my home office and, much to hubby's chagrin, I'll be here for the remainder of 2020. Feel blessed to be employed. And think of all that money I'm saving on gas and new fall clothes or cute boots. My pumpkin spice shirt and sweats will do fine, thank you.

That's about all I have to report for future reference on this crazy year. Let's not even talk politics. Please. Maybe Day 300. Maybe.

Take care and be safe!


No comments: