Saturday, September 5, 2020

Love Birds


I know this is a cedar waxwing – not a love bird – but today was about love, so let's go with it.

Since Cinderella is about to turn into a Pumpkin Spice Girl at midnight, I'll be quick...

Got my 10,000 steps today be traipsing around the Wildwood Park and Zoo in Marshfield, chasing cross country photos and, while waiting for runners, taking advantage of some nature photography opportunities –– like the berry-pickin' bird by one of the ponds.

It was a successful cross-country meet. Our Royals middle and high school girls teams both took first and several of our guys had top 10 finishes. So it was a great first meet for our kiddos who LOVE running. I couldn't catch much of the third race – varsity girls – because I had to book it home and had about 5 minutes to quick shower and dress so we could head to Plover for a wedding for Cory, a son of one of Jim's high school buddies.

We stopped home in the time between ceremony and reception, so I got a few things done. Then it was up to Wausau for dinner and dancing. Well, one slow, love bird dance. But it got me to my 10,000 steps.

Now bed time for this old bird.


No comments: