Thursday, September 24, 2020

The Way to My Autumn Heart

When you've had a few technically challenging work days with error message like this, it certainly is a welcome surprise to get a message like this on your front porch...

While we were working in our respective offices in the house, somebody sneaked by and dropped this off with a note that says, "A good day for a little pumpkin spice," with a basket of pumpkin spice bread and coffee K-cups. Oh Lord, did I need that!

Isn't it something it took me only two wrong guesses before I discovered that it was my "sole" (former running partner) sister Chris who left it for me. I had an inkling since we've enjoyed our share of good coffee together. And, of course, she knows the way to my autumn heart is through pumpkin spice. Once a spice girl, always a spice girl.

And that wasn't the end of it. 

Tonight on his way home from visiting his parents, hubby picked up a Pumpkin Pie Blizzard for me! Yummo.

I kind of feel like it's a holiday or something. So I'm taking tomorrow off to make it a three-day holiday weekend. Then I can sleep in and savor that Pumpkin Spice coffee with Pumpkin Spice toast! Feel free to join me. We can safely "spice distance." Our kitchen table is 6 feet long!

#spicegirl

No comments: