Saturday, September 12, 2020

The Apple of My Thighs

I know fruit and veggies are supposed to be healthy for me. But I can usually find a way to make them unhealthy – yet so much tastier.

With nearly 2 inches of rain in the past 24 hours, it was one of those "stay in and enjoy warm apple crisp out of the oven" kind of days. Yes, please.


Thanks to my sister Renell, who gave me a bag full of apples from her trees when I was Up North visiting Mom last Sunday. It was just the amount I needed! Since I didn't want to wait around for the butter to soften today, I tried this recipe and it did not disappoint.


The cook book needs an editor, though. They never tell you to sprinkle the crumbly mix over the top of the apples. I just knew that from making apple or blueberry oatmeal crisp dozens of times! This is usually the recipe I follow...



It's from my mom. It takes fewer apples but both recipes are for a small pan unless you double the ingredients – which I may or may not always remember to do.

Either way, you win. Especially on chilly, rainy days when you have no place to go. Just time to sit and wait for it to be cool enough to eat without burning your tongue. M-m-m-m! 

I love the taste of autumn!

No comments: