Wednesday, September 2, 2020

The Last First Day

Thankfully, as the child of a scrapbooker, my son knows that when I ask for a "first day of school" pictures, it's just easier to provide it than fight it. Even you're 22 years old and it's your last semester before you graduate from college!

And like everyone else's, there's a good chance it's a picture at home and not in front of a school or classroom. He will have a mix of online and in-person classes at Platteville. Today was all virtual. 

And he had a helper.

Benny – the house cat (as in she stays there when Carter moves on) – was by his side! When I saw the photo, I immediately thought of all the first day pictures we have of Carter holding Sylvester...

Here he is on the first day of third grade! He hasn't changed a bit, has he? Sylvester even looks the same.

This is how I picture them both when I say "My baby started school today." Dang. Somebody around here is getting old.

Good luck to the final group of the history-making class of 2020!


No comments: