Monday, April 19, 2021

Bag Lady


It's Earth Week! I wouldn't label myself a tree hugger, but I do like to do kind things for the planet. I even gave up AquaNet – albeit briefly – in the '80s to save the ozone. Today, I just recycle. All. The. Time.

In my mother's day, she re-used everything from Cool Whip containers (who doesn't?) to bread bags (great winter boot liners) and Ziploc baggies (whatever the cheaper generic version was). It was all fine and good until a person crosses the fine line between frugal and hoarder.

Or us today – tree hugger or hoarder.

I know I cross that line. All the time. But then gather up whatever I have overstock of – usually plastic grocery bags – and take them to the appropriate recycling place.

My latest stockpile seems to be paper bags about the size above that are sturdy and have a handle and... I know I can use them somehow. But I haven't. And as long as I keep supporting small businesses (usually my source for these perfect-sized containers), I won't run out permanently.

But they're such nice bags. I mean no stains or rips. 

I'll give them up if one of you could use them. I mean there's not a ton of them, only like a half dozen or maybe 20. Let me know. I want them to go to a good home.

And don't lie to me and say you can use them only to take them and put these perfectly good bags in recycling. You don't want to see this bag lady cross the fine line.

On Earth Week and every week – take good care of our home.

No comments: