Wednesday, April 14, 2021

She Was Faking It

 

Remember awhile back – early March to be specific – I insisted Mother Nature was faking it and we were only having a Fool's Spring. We did have a cold spell after that, then warmup a la Easter, and now...



This what Third Winter looks like. Yuck. What a rude wake-up call this morning! If Mr. Deck Chair ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

I admittedly would be a terrible farmer – or gardener for that matter. I had no concept it was supposed to snow overnight. Just a downright rude surprise. Maybe that's what put me in a foul mood all day. And I wasn't faking it!

At least the snow melted. But it wasn't warm enough for a walk after I got back from the chiropractor after work.  Thought I'd warm up with a nice bear hug from my boy, who we expected home tonight so he can get new tires on his car tomorrow. I guess he's delayed with friends, though, so Mr. Deck Chair and I will have to count on the Queen of England to warm us up via The Crown.

That's unlikely. No warmth there. Blanket, please!

No comments: