Saturday, April 3, 2021

Four, Three, Two, One...


The astrology version of numbers people sure like special dates that appear to mean something. Today's date 4-3-21 looks like a countdown.

In my mind, I hear "4... 3... 2.. 1... Earth below us. Drifting, falling. Floating weightless. Calling, calling home..."

If you know '80s music at all, you'll recognize Major Tom. Here's my 45 of it to refresh your memory. Kids, we used to play smaller records on the phonograph at 45 RPMs so we called them "45s." There's your history lesson for the day.

Meanwhile in Vegas, I saw news reports that it was a popular – and potentially lucky – day today to get married. And meanwhile back in Wisconsin, it was a popular day to do yard work! 


Yup. That's real. A super springy day where we had windows open to clean inside, then commence to working or relaxing outside.


I decided to work on this little area of the backyard. Not so little, really. Every time I tried to rake it or trim things off last summer, I was met with either ground bees and wasps or snakes. So, no. Nothing got today.


Today I crossed my fingers that neither species was hibernating and now waking in that landscaping area. I survived unscathed. Well, except for feeling it in my arm and back muscles. I figured I better just do this area and leave the rest to another day or weekend. 

So maybe it IS a lucky day. No bees. No snakes. And tonight, no loss in Milwaukee for my Twins. Good to even that series up. Now will see what Easter brings... 

Besides peanut butter eggs, that is. Happy Easter! If you get to enjoy some family time, then tomorrow's lucky, too, no matter what the date!



No comments: