Thursday, April 29, 2021

Discerning the Difference


Shot some golf after work – well, shot photos of high school players competing in golf at TriCity. Yes, it was super windy. And no, I don't know how they did. I do know I cracked up when I saw this sign by the restroom. Man, woman, both, neither, alien... just wash your hands.

Everybody's welcome.

I'm hoping to find a welcoming neighborhood like that for our boy. Spent the evening apartment searching online. He created a list and I reviewed it with the mom eye. Thank goodness that you can narrow searches by size, rent cost, length of commute, and more. Also, thankfully there are photos online so you can see for yourself if it's a newer complex or rundown building.

And, though I was careful how I worded it, you can ask Google if XYZ is a good neighborhood in Milwaukee. And by good, I mean their report on crime and safety numbers. What every nervous mom cares about when sending their baby to the big city. 

So we'll see if we can discern the difference between good and bad places to live. As long as they welcome aliens, we shouldn't have any concerns.

Be careful out there.


No comments: